Many decades ago, I lived in Granada, in Southern Spain, site of the Alhambra and center of a most vibrant and beautiful section called the Albaicin. This part of Spain more than any other represents the influence and mixture of Islamic and Spanish cultures, where the Moors came up into Spain in the 700s A.D. and lived for centuries. And so of course when I saw this heavy earthenware bowl, I immediately recognized it as a Moroccan piece. Circa 1960s, the bowl is unsigned but I recognize it as typical of pottery from the city of Fez. Beautiful traditional design, with traditional blue against white, and one of the design styles you see in Fez is that almost fuzziness to the lines, as if each one is more of an organic thing, like the stem of a fern. The piece has a thick foot or pedestal. There are some condition issues--paint flakes and even some that occurred in firing, most of which the previous owner painted over to try to hide. On the front are what I believe to be firing kiln marks, places where the bowl would have been placed atop metal stalks, and thus where the glaze doesn't cover. But it looks as though someone painted over those spots with white paint, and I wonder if perhaps the previous owner thought those to be flaws? Or maybe the glaze flaked away in those four spots; at any rate, you will see the whiter paint of these dots. Bowl was made in the first half of the 20th Century.
The bowl measures just over 12" in diameter and just about 3" tall. See Photos 6-8 for close ups of areas I talk about above. Also note that there are other spots where bubbles popped leaving small pinpoint like holes, and areas along the foot with small divots. No cracks. Bowl is heavy at 3.6 lbs unpacked and will be reinforced for shipping.
Pottery so beautiful that it is truly a piece of art.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For all hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
And all items: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 5 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 5 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you have any questions regarding data privacy, please contact the shop owner via the built-in messaging system. Thank you.
• We ship to many parts of the world. On any listing, enter your zip or postal code into the Shipping box to find out if your country is included and how much it will cost. If you find we do not ship to your country, contact us to find out if we might be able to.
• For oversized boxes (larger than 108" total) going to Alaska or Hawaii the shipping carriers charge rates similar to International postage. As a small business, we can not absorb those rates, so anything oversized to either of those states will be cancelled for a full refund.
• We ship within 1-3 days of order via USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS. insure items of $100 or more. In some cases we add Signature Required. If we need to delay shipping due to travel, we will let you know.
• We accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within three days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense. We process refunds once the item is returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
Yes, we can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. We follow the Etsy recommended approach of having you purchase an item using Other as a payment option, then invoicing you via PayPal per the payment schedule upon which we mutually agree.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days (with three reminders) go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
Please, no offers. We receive so much correspondence daily that we are unable to respond to offer requests.
We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the repeat customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Whether you are a returning customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, we can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.
We get correspondance almost daily asking how much certain items are worth or what the price was of items that have sold, and we can no longer respond to these messages.