This Italian art pottery vase is not too big nor too small and has such presence, and it reminds of that kind of treasure you would stumble upon in a flea market in the hills of northern Italy. The vase has such a bohemian rustic look, which is the hallmark of much of Italian pottery. The vase is a common full form with a narrow neck and flared mouth, and the colors are an unusual combination of pink, green, yellow, and brown against an eggshell white or beige. The artist has gone in and done etching, which again is common in Italian pottery and called "sgraffito," or scratched, drawn upon. From a website about the re-emergence of this centuries old decoration style: "The Sgraffito technique of decorating pottery dates back as far as the 11th century. Zulimo Aretini descended from ancient family of potters working in the Umbrian town of Perugia, near Deruta. Aretini, born in Monte San Savino in Arezzo in 1884, completed his apprenticeship in the family's pottery. Here he learned the secrets of traditional sgraffito practiced by his family since the sixteenth century. After being employed by such famous studios as Colonnata and SACA in Florence he decided, in 1929, to return home and open his own studio in Perugia. There he begins to reinterpret ancient sgraffito forms in an absolutely modern and original manner. His studio won almost immediate recognition and success. Like Deruta and Perugia and established international contacts for the export of their wares. It was Zulimo's international success that spurred the interest of the sgraffito wares of Montelupo and Montopoli. From the 1920's to the early 1950's the very best importer of Italian ceramics in North America was the firm of Carbone. Their headquarters was Boston and they had showrooms on Fifth Avenue in New York City and n the Via Sassetti in Florence, Italy." The marking "Italy G.T." found on this vase being offered is attributed to the Carbone importing company, and the Aretini Perugia studio, and we believe it was from the 1940s. A super sweet piece that will go with so many decor styles, from rustic and primitive, to Mid Century Modern, to Bohemian, to Natural and Organic.
Measures about 4" in diameter at the most bulbous part by 5-3/4" tall. Weighs just under a pound. Has a production flaw on the bottom that prevents us from seeing possibly a form number or date and some production glaze inconsistencies in the interior. No chips nor cracks.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For more boho decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17496293/funky-boho-loft
See hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
And all items: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 2 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you have any questions regarding data privacy, please contact the shop owner via the built-in messaging system. Thank you.
• We ship to many parts of the world. On any listing, enter your zip or postal code into the Shipping box to find out if your country is included and how much it will cost. If you find we do not ship to your country, contact us to find out if we might be able to.
• We ship within 1-3 days of order via USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS. and any order of $100 or more will be insured via third party insurance In cases where third party insurer requires Signature, we will add it to the package.
• We accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within 14 days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense. We process refunds once the item is returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
We can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment up to two months for full payment.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
Please, no offers. We receive so much correspondence daily that we are unable to respond to offer requests.
We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the repeat customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Whether you are a returning customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, we can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.
We get correspondance almost daily asking how much certain items are worth or what the price was of items that have sold, and we can no longer respond to these messages.