This vintage channel inlay bracelet was made by a man who became an icon in the Southwest, Navajo artist and businessman Frank Yellowhorse (1933-2020). Yellowhorse was a Korean War veteran, silversmith, and owner of the famed Chief Yellowhorse Trading Post on Route 66 in Lupton, Arizona. If you ever took a road trip on Route 66 (later I-40) crossing from New Mexico to Arizona, you may have noticed tucked into the base of red cliffs at the border yellow and red signs announcing "Buffalo, Elk, and Deer Jerky." That's how you knew you had arrived at the best stop on the trip. Although the trading post started in the 1950s, Frank and his brother learned to sell as kids, at their parents' roadside stand offering Navajo rugs and petrified wood. Today if you google "Frank Yellowhorse," chances are you will see a photo of him in traditional Navajo attire, including headband and gray hair in a ponytail bun, and you might even find a portrait of him painted by a fine artist who was smitten when stopping in at the trading post. And most likely you will see his name frequently mentioned in reference to having taught his award-winning son Alvin how to make jewelry. Alvin is a multiple blue-ribbon winner at Santa Fe Indian Market and is represented by major art galleries worldwide; Alvin's pieces regularly sell for upwards of $9000! Indeed, Alvin had an amazing teacher in father Frank, who was a renowned artist in his own right. While his jewelry doesn't command quite at the same prices as son Alvin, the elder Yellowhorse's works are highly collectible nonetheless.
This bracelet is a classic example of Frank Yellowhorse's work. The foundation is thick with a simple design carved into the sides, and the colors are stunning together. We see green webbed with black, creamy blue, marbled purple, striated orange, and a flash of red. Black slivers separate stones and shells and create a color block effect. Yellowhorse used high-grade turquoise; the green is spiderweb, and the creamy blue is Sleeping Beauty. Channel inlay is an exacting process, the stones and shells cut precisely to fit together like a puzzle. The result is a beautiful mosaic of geometric shapes, and the black outlines create graphic pop, appropriate for men or women.
The cuff size is just under 1" wide, and taking a soft tape measure around the interior, it is 5-7/8" with a 1-1/4" gap--for a total of 7-1/8" around. But since it is designed to be wider than it is tall, it actually fits a larger sized wrist, and I would estimate it to be perfect for one that is 7-1/4" to 7-3/8". Weighs 59g. The bracelet is circa 1970s and does have some wear, such as small scratches in the silver. But these do not take away from the fact that it is a stunning piece, especially with other bracelets or when worn alone.
A piece of art made by a master artist.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For More Native American Bracelets and Watches: https://bit.ly/2NpeypL
Native American Earrings: http://bit.ly/2FyZ8wy
Native American Rings: http://bit.ly/2HQXwyY
Native Necklaces, Pendants, and Pins: http://bit.ly/2ESs4Tf
Native Belts and Bolos: http://bit.ly/2oz2XKp
All items: https://romaarellano.com
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you have any questions regarding data privacy, please contact the shop owner via the built-in messaging system. Thank you.
• We ship to many parts of the world. On any listing, enter your zip or postal code into the Shipping box to find out if your country is included and how much it will cost. If you find we do not ship to your country, contact us to find out if we might be able to.
• We ship within 1-3 days of order via USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS. and any order of $100 or more will be insured via third party insurance In cases where third party insurer requires Signature, we will add it to the package.
• We accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within 14 days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense. We process refunds once the item is returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
We can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment up to two months for full payment.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
Please, no offers. We receive so much correspondence daily that we are unable to respond to offer requests.
We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the repeat customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Whether you are a returning customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, we can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.
We get correspondance almost daily asking how much certain items are worth or what the price was of items that have sold, and we can no longer respond to these messages.