This 1977 Zuni inlay necklace features childhood favorites Mickey and Minnie Mouse, red coral heart between them and on either side, and an all handmade sterling silver chain. The piece was created by renowned silversmith duo Carlos Lasiloo Lamy and Paula Leekity Lamy, who were known for creating icons from popular culture. The necklace is not only a great conversation piece, but Zuni jewelry with Disney characters has become increasingly collectible. Disney rings, and specifically those featuring Mickey, are easier to find and sell in the $700-$1,000 range. Bracelets are harder to find; I've seen one charm bracelet with Mickey in the $1,600 range. Necklaces are rare, and I don't use that word lightly. The last one I found sold for $2,500+, and it was about the size and weight of the piece offered here. The appeal of these pieces is undoubtedly the universal love for the characters--and in this case, for Mickey Mouse and his beloved Minnie. From a website about what makes Mickey so relatable: "He has long been an endearing character because he shows earnest effort, vulnerable daring, kindness, joyfulness, hospitality, dexterity, flexibility, hope and a carefree spirit--along with all the sadness, frustration and disappointment we’ve all felt at some time or other." Add to that the exceptional artistry used to create jewelry in the likeness of these characters. Each piece of stone was cut, shaped, and laid side by side, some inside hair-thin silver filament borders. And unlike much of the inlay we saw in the 1970s, which was flat to the bezel, the stones in this necklace rise above the bezel and are rounded to give dimension and presence. Finally, there is the historical context of these characters in Native American jewelry some 40 years ago and the influence of technology into isolated and independent nations, such as the Zuni. As for the piece itself, it is made of black jet, yellow and white Mother of Pearl, Mediterranean coral, turquoise, and of course, sterling silver. Mickey and Minnie are each a separate work of art. The handmade silver chain is adjustable; just attach the hook onto any link. One or two of the chain links has become unsoldered, and I am getting those re-soldered.
Measures 19" end to end. The section that is Mickey and Minnie is 2-5/8" wide by 1-1/2" tall. Each of the two side coral hearts is small at 3/8" wide by 1/4" tall. Weighs 28g. Please measure out the dimensions as photos tend to make jewelry larger than it is in reality. The piece is in good condition, with the exception of the one or two links that have become unsoldered and will be lightly torched to mend the joint. The inlay is in very good condition given age.
A fun and brilliant work of art.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For More Native Necklaces, Pendants, and Pins: http://bit.ly/2ESs4Tf
Native American Earrings: http://bit.ly/2FyZ8wy
Native American Rings: http://bit.ly/2HQXwyY
Native Bracelets and Watches: https://bit.ly/2NpeypL
Native Belts and Bolos: http://bit.ly/2oz2XKp
All items: https://romaarellano.com
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 5 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you have any questions regarding data privacy, please contact the shop owner via the built-in messaging system. Thank you.
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• We accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within three days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
Yes, we can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. We follow the Etsy recommended approach of having you purchase an item using Other as a payment option, then invoicing you via PayPal per the payment schedule upon which we mutually agree.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days (with three reminders) go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
No offers, please. We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the return customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Community is EVERYTHING for a small business. Whether you are repeat customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We are grateful to YOU for allowing us to do what we love and meet your needs.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, we can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.