This turquoise heishi necklace came from the personal collection of an elderly woman who once owned a turquoise jewelry store in Albuquerque. Strung on twine, the two strands contain 119 grams of mostly turquoise discs, all fairly large in size and with matrix throughout. At the bottom center of each strand are five white shell tabs or "corn," called "jacla." Centuries ago, the original jacla would have been a pair of heishi earrings tied onto a heishi necklace. Later, loops of heishi specific for this purpose were tied onto the lower center of the heishi necklace. This particular necklace is another variation of the jacla, which is these tabs at the bottom. The jacla might match the rest of the necklace or, as in this case, be of contrasting color. The discs of blue turquoise in this necklace are graduating larger toward the center jacla, more narrow toward the ends, then capped with a couple of coral beads, five sterling silver beads, and sterling silver cones. Again, the piece is strung on twine, and because it was rarely worn, having come from a former shop owner, there is not as much give in the twine as one might see with a piece of the same age that was worn a lot. The turquoise is striking, matrixed with a caramel-color through-out, the discs all hand cut--some have small flakes or divots. As the piece is not signed, we cannot say with certainty that this is Native American; however, we believe it is Santo Domingo circa 1950s to 1960s.
The two strands nest, with the larger one being about 28" long and the smaller 26", but again, they are strung together and merge at the ends. Tip to tip, then, the necklace measures 26", but if you add in the extra length of the longer strand you do get almost 28" on that one. Divots in some of the turquoise discs yet in overall sound condition.
Beautiful and plentiful older turquoise, a vanishing treasure.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For More Native Necklaces, Pendants, and Pins: http://bit.ly/2ESs4Tf
Native American Earrings: http://bit.ly/2FyZ8wy
Native American Rings: http://bit.ly/2HQXwyY
Native Bracelets and Watches: https://bit.ly/2NpeypL
Native Belts and Bolos: http://bit.ly/2oz2XKp
All items: https://romaarellano.com
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 5 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases:
• You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting this shop using our contact information.
• You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from this shop after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless there are compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about this shop's use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact this Shop
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Roma Arellano and Jim Ransom, as primary owners of this shop, are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us using the physical address of our vintage booth (above) or direct phone number (below).
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within three days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
Yes, we can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. We follow the Etsy recommended approach of having you purchase an item using Other as a payment option, then invoicing you via PayPal per the payment schedule upon which we mutually agree.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days (with three reminders) go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
We have loyal customers who return again and again without ever asking for a discount. We set fair prices from the get-go; no making deals behind the scenes. If something is expensive, you know it's good. So in other words, no offers accepted.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Community is EVERYTHING for a small business. Whether you are repeat customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Convo to let us know you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We are grateful to YOU for allowing us to do what we love and meet your needs.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We used to do reserves, but after holding items for good-intentioned potential buyers who never followed through, we set a policy of not holding items. We truly just can't afford to take items off the market. I honestly believe that if an item is meant to be yours, it'll be there when when you have the money to buy.