This vintage statue of Saint Patrick is likely from the 1950s to 1960s. What I love about it--and this is something I've found with many of these older chalkware saints--is the imperfections in the features. That's because this saint may have been painted by someone who wasn't familiar with the saint, and I believe, based on photos of chalkware St. Patricks that his beard grew up into a moustache, which this saint doesn't have. So I think the mouth would have been mostly covered, and that's why it is painted so oddly. This is the first Saint Patrick in chalkware that I've found, so even with the imperfections, I think it's a great treasure. From a website about this beloved saint: "Saint Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland. He was a Christian missionary given credited with converting Ireland to Christianity in the AD 400s. So many legends surround his life that the truth is not easily found. St Patrick was not actually Irish. His exact birthplace and date is not known. However it is believed he was born around 375AD in Scotland. His parents were Calpurnius and Conchessa, were Romans living in Britain in charge of the colonies. His real name is believed to be Maewyn Succat and he took on the name Patrick upon becoming a priest. As a teen he was kidnapped by pirates and sold into slavery in Ireland to herd and tend sheep on Slemish mountain, Co Antrim. During his six-year captivity, he became fluent in the Irish language, he turned to God in prayer. He escaped after having a dream sent from God in which he was told to leave Ireland by going to the coast where he would find a ship waiting to sail to Britain. He is believed to have met up with his parents in Wales before travelling to France where he became a priest and later a bishop. Patrick was sent another dream in which the people of Ireland were calling out to him to come and walk among them once more. He was set the task of teaching Christianity to the Irish. He travelled throughout Ireland, preaching the Gospel and converting many. He and his disciples preached and converted thousands and began building churches all over the country. Patrick preached and converted all over Ireland for 40 years. The date cited for when Ireland was converted to Christianity is 432. There is much debate over when and where he died. It is believed he died on 17 March, 460 at Saul, Downpatrick. That is why Saint Patrick's day is celebrated on March 17th. Some people suggest he was also born on 17 March. The clans of Ireland began to bicker over who should receive the honour of having his final resting-place on their land. To avoid this sacrilegious end to his life his friends secreted away his body to bury in a secret grave. Many believe this to be in Downpatrick, County Down, where there is a permanent memorial." This statue carries the mold number C.S. 133.
This statue stands about 14-1/2" tall and the base is about 4-1/2" wide by 4-1/4" deep. Still has original staff, which is unusual. There are chips along edges and paint flakes in other areas, pretty much throughout, as is normal for statues of this age. Weighs about 3.75 pounds unpacked and will be double boxed for shipping.
Enduring love, enduring faith.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For more saints and spirits: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17770597/saints-santos-spirit
And all items: https://romaarellano.com
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 5 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases:
• You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting this shop using our contact information.
• You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from this shop after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless there are compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about this shop's use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact this Shop
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Roma Arellano and Jim Ransom, as primary owners of this shop, are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us using the physical address of our vintage booth (above) or direct phone number (below).
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• We accept returns, minus outbound shipping, for which we provide a receipt. Per our policies, contact us within three days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
Yes, we can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. We follow the Etsy recommended approach of having you purchase an item using Other as a payment option, then invoicing you via PayPal per the payment schedule upon which we mutually agree.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days (with three reminders) go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
No offers, please. We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the return customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Community is EVERYTHING for a small business. Whether you are repeat customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We are grateful to YOU for allowing us to do what we love and meet your needs.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, you can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.