Here we have a beautiful green Frankoma Pottery plate that was made in the 1950s to commemorate the State of Oklahoma and the year it entered the Union, which was 1907. First, a little about the maker: It was made in Oklahoma by the iconic Frankoma Pottery company, founded by John Frank--the name comes from his last name combined with the last three letters of his state. After many changes of ownership, the company today focuses on art pottery, but in the day it also made many styles and colors of cookware, all with locally dug clay. So how fitting that the plate honors the state in which the company operated. Oklahoma Territory became the 46th state in the United States, with a name derived from the Choctaw Indian words "okla," meaning “people,” and "humma," meaning “red.” The United States acquired Oklahoma from France in 1803 as part of the Louisiana Purchase. After the War of 1812, the U.S. government removed Indian tribes from the settled eastern lands of the United States and move them west to the unsettled lands of Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska. In 1828, Congress reserved Oklahoma for Indians and in 1834 formally ceded it to five southeastern tribes as Indian Territory. Many Cherokees refused to abandon their homes east of the Mississippi, and so the U.S. Army moved them west in a forced march known as the “Trail of Tears.” The uprooted tribes joined Plains Indians that had long occupied the area, and Indian nations with fixed boundaries and separate governments were established in the region. In 1907, Congress admitted Indian Territory and Oklahoma Territory into the Union as a single state, with all Indians in the state becoming U.S. citizens. Representatives of the two territories drafted a constitution, and on September 17, 1907, it was approved by voters of the two territories. On November 16, Oklahoma was welcomed into the United States by President Theodore Roosevelt. The plate shows the state flag, a pioneer woman, and has several other words and symbols with which the state is associated. On the back are some state facts and John Frank's signature.
The plate measures 8-3/8" inches in diameter. It has two holes for twine in the back "foot" of the plate. There is one chip at one of those holes, although it doesn't not interfere with the hole, which still can be used, and it is not visible from the front. No other chips or cracks. In good condition.
Colors of sage, perfect for the rustic home.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
More midcentury decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17249067/from-the-midcentury
For baskets and pottery: https://romaarellano.com/shop/22631891/earthy-pottery-baskets
Hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
For all items in shop: https://romaarellano.comAnd all shop items: https://www.etsy.com/shop/romaarellano
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 5 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases:
• You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting this shop using our contact information.
• You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from this shop after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless there are compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about this shop's use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact this Shop
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Roma Arellano and Jim Ransom, as primary owners of this shop, are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us using the physical address of our vintage booth (above) or direct phone number (below).
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• We accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within three days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
Yes, we can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. We follow the Etsy recommended approach of having you purchase an item using Other as a payment option, then invoicing you via PayPal per the payment schedule upon which we mutually agree.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days (with three reminders) go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
No offers, please. We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the return customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Community is EVERYTHING for a small business. Whether you are repeat customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We are grateful to YOU for allowing us to do what we love and meet your needs.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, you can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.