This turquoise cuff bracelet is made with a very pale green and incredibly stand-out turquoise from the Damele mines in central Nevada. The Damele mines are small and thus the turquoise is collectible. Damele is a hard turquoise with the high Zinc content that produces shades from yellow green to lime to forest green. This piece carries the hallmark of Navajo Virgil Begay, who according to one gallery biography I found, is recently deceased. Begay's works are stunning, many characterized by deep set stamp work in the silver, and oxidation that in this case contrasts beautifully with the pale turquoise. Many of Begays cuffs range between $600 and $1200, not only because of the artistry of the silver but also because he is known for working with high grade and often hard-to-find turquoise from American mines. And each piece, from those that I've seen, is a beautiful example of that particular mine. Just as the turquoise in this cuff has incredible color but also matrix along the edges. Definitely a piece of statement jewelry.
The bracelet measures just about 5-1/4" around using a tape measure on the inside, with a just over1-1/4" gap--which makes it a little over 6-1/2" around. Note that because of the way the bracelet is made, it actually fits quite large on my 6" wrist--and I estimate it would be ideal for a wrist that is at least 6-1/2" and possibly closer to 6-3/4" around. The bracelet is just under 1-1/2" wide at the widest point. The turquoise cab is 3/4" wide by 1-3/8" long. The silver is thick enough that you will not be able to nor want to squeeze tighter nor stretch wider. The sterling silver has a brushed finish with a deep oxidation. In good condition.
Gorgeous collectible piece!
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
See Native American Cuffs and Rings: http://bit.ly/2HQXwyY
See Native American Earrings: http://bit.ly/2FyZ8wy
For Native Belts and Bolos: http://bit.ly/2oz2XKp
And all items in shop here: http://romaarellano.com
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.