**** BEFORE YOU BUY: Our small shop will be on shipping hiatus until Thursday, March 15. Please only purchase this treasure if you can wait until then for the order to ship--and factor in additional days for it to arrive. We are a family-run shop and appreciate your patience and your business! *****
There are a lot of reproduction hand and ball door knockers, yet here we have the real deal. Purchased at an antique store in Oaxaca, just a few miles from the home that it adorned, this style of door knocker was at one time popular throughout Spanish Colonial parts of Mexico. Brought by the Spaniards via the Moors, it is in Mexico called "la Mano de Fatima," and is said to protect the home and ward off evil. I imagine this piece welcoming interesting people through the decades, possibly knocking to enter into a home for a salon--those gatherings of erudite individuals, artists and wanderers. The piece still includes its original strike plate, complete with wear from the many knocks it endured over the decades. I've sold several authentic manos de Fatima, and this one is a bit smaller than others I've sold. It is quite tarnished, and I wanted to photograph it in the state in which I found it, as it does show the age. I can clean this to a better state if the new owner desires.
The door knocker measures 5-1/2" long from top of the attached plate to the fingertips, by 2" wide. The strike plate that is not attached is 2'' in diameter. No hardware included. Has some reddish brown paint on one side of the plate that is attached, from when the door was painted and the knocker not removed. Other than the paint and tarnish, in good condition.
Inviting into the home while warding off evil.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For more salvage: https://romaarellano.com/shop/19220552/industrial-salvage
For hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
And all items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.