The chubby cheeked angel is recognizable as Nahua folk art from Guerrero, Mexico. Called "cachetones," these angels come in many forms--often like this, the head with wings, but also three dimensional statues. This angel is a carved wood piece, a bit small to be an actual mask, but it does have the shape of a mask with wings. It is meant to hang from the wall, and in Mexico these are often hung with other masks, of other angels or even demons and men, and many others.
The angel measures about 12-3/4" across at the widest point by about 10" tall at the tallest point, and 4" deep. There are many spots where the paint has crazed and or downright cracked, and where the wood has also gotten cracks. This is not a new piece, so expect to see wear. I've tried to capture close ups of some of the crazing and cracking in Photos 5, 6, and 7. Hole at the top for threading with twine.
Absolutely charming piece of religious folk art, for the lover of angels or Mexico or Latin America.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
See my other spirit-infused vintage items here: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17770597/saints-santos-spirit
All folk art: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17770625/latin-world-folk-art
Hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
All items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.