I was drawn to this piece for the vibrancy of the painting then was blown away when I discovered that the painting was actually a wall cabinet that you insert into the wall and open to discover space for two or three bottles. Parts of the state of New Mexico were "dry county" until the 1970s, so although I don't know for sure, I do wonder if this was used in one of those locales. I have found faux bookcases that doubled as hideaway bars but have only found one with a painting, and that one is said to be from the 1950s. This small cabinet can be mounted on a wall so that the framed picture opens at the top and is held tightly with a strong magnetic closure. The body of the cabinet is made of wood.
The frame measures 20-3/8" wide by 17-1/4" tall and the cabinet measures 18" wide by 14" tall and 5-1/4" deep. The wood frame appears to have been repainted in thick black paint, some of which was smudged onto the painting--see Photo 9. The painting has some scratches--see Photo 10. Otherwise in fairly good vintage condition, the interior wood solid with no cracking or warping.
An amazing conversation piece!
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
See all midcentury decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17249067/from-the-midcentury
For hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
For all items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.