Here we have a pair of pre-1980s Made in USA Frye Men's Size 8.5 D Western boots, well-made with the kind of soft leather that comes from years of wear, with fabulous braided seam down the sides. The color is a deep brown with the slightly rust tint to it, a color often called "cognac" in the boot world. We know the boot is pre-1980s, not only because of the Made in USA stamp but also because it carries a single Frye label in the right boot only. The main condition issue with this boot--and it is a minor item for a boot in otherwise great vintage condition--is that the previous owner MAY HAVE cut off decorative pull up straps. I say "MAY HAVE" because there are still functional pull up straps inside the boot, yet at the top it just looks to me like something could have been taken off for practical reasons--maybe they got in the way. See Photo 5 for close ups of the area in question. I do know this--the former owner was a natural caretaker, as she kept boot shape forms in the boots for all these years.
The leather soles have plenty of wear yet plenty more wear in them. The rubber heel cap is in good shape and not worn down to the stacked leather. Heels and toes are scuffed but I've polished them.
Rugged. Authentic. Vintage.
Sole, heel to toe: 11" (11-1/4" measured against the wall)
Sole, across ball of foot: 4"
Shaft, down back from top of the heel (not ground) to the top of the leather upper: 13"
Side seam, from the top of the heel (not ground) to the top of the leather strap: 15-1/2"
Heel: about 1-5/8" stacked heel
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For more inner cowgirl/boy: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17770619/the-wild-wild-west
And all items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.