Here we have a Talavera ginger jar or tibor, from the well-known Talavera Casal pottery studio in the city of Dolores Hidalgo. Today the pottery from this studio often features scenes of fruit in bright color combinations and fairly intricate painting style. We know this is an older piece by the simple color scheme and the fairly primitive style of painting that has slightly different floral scenes on each of the sides. The lidded jar is blue over a warm off-white that reflects light such that it takes on warmth or coolness around it--case in point, I took the photo of it as the sun was low in the sky and cast warmth into the greenhouse where I have my photo studio. The ginger jar form comes from a centuries old urn that would have been used to store grains and other foods. This piece is wholly decorative, and even states so on the bottom. Again, only more recently have the glazes been made so that they are lead free and suitable for eating off of. Clean lightly with a damp cloth; I don't recommend immersing in water.
Measures just about 6-3/4 to 7" in diameter at the fattest point by just under 12" tall, with a base 5-1/2" in diameter. The bottom is signed Casal Mexico. There is one spot on the lip, visible when you take off the lid, where a divot was filled in with paint (Photo 8), a pre-production flaw. And one small chip in the foot (Photo 7). There may be other flea bites, but otherwise in good vintage condition. Weighs four pounds unpacked and will be double boxed for shipping.
Traditional color for the Frida inspired home.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
More hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
All items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.