This sterling silver pendant features a gorgeous cabochon of blue green Morenci turquoise in a shadowbox setting. Shadowbox is a technique used by Navajo to showcase a beautiful element in jewelry. A cutout top layer is domed and soldered to a solid bottom layer, and the open and hollow interior is often oxidized--that is, made dark both with chemicals at the time but also naturally through the passage OF time--creating a shadowbox frame, not unlike the kind used for special objects that would hang on a wall. In this case, of course, the piece of art is for your body! One can see by looking at the turquoise cabochon exactly why the silversmith decided to use the shadowbox technique--like many pieces to which I'm drawn, the turquoise is stunning, in part due to the change of color from exposure to oils in the skin. It is blue moving into green with bits of pyrite and mother stone, which is the hallmark of turquoise from the Morenci mine in Arizona. The shadowbox pendant is unsigned, which many pieces from the 60s to early 70s were not (and that is the era from which we believe this pendant hails) and so we can't say with certainty that it's Native American. However, we believe it is Navajo. The pendant is being offered without a chain, but if you are interested in the chain pictured, please convo for price.
The pendant measures 2-1/8" tall by 1-7/16" wide at the widest point. The turquoise cab is 3/4" tall by 7/16" wide. There are some small scratches on the silver, especially the back, from age, but the turquoise cabochon is well seated in sawtooth bezel and in great vintage condition.
Beautiful Old Pawn.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
Visit our Native American section here: http://bit.ly/2pWrLPx
And all items in our shop here: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.