Here we have a vintage copper "coal scuttle" or "scuttle bucket," so called for the use it would have had in the "olden days" when one had to scoop out coal or ashes from the stove or fireplace; hence, it has a large handle at the top and a small handle at the side opposite the scoop. This 1990s version is, of course, not truly meant for scooping coal. It's more suited for holding gardening tools or wood kindling, or storing a bouquet of dried lavendar. The piece, was in fact, used in a gardening shed and the bottom was filled with debris that even after cleaning still looks quite dirty. The copper sides are dented and dinged, and there is a wavy pattern on the scoop side of the outer area where I'm not sure if it was from some sort of use or by design. What all this points to is a rustic look, and if you're in the market for a perfect copper bin, then this is not your piece. But if you'd like an imperfect and quite rustic piece, you've come to the right place. Also plenty of water spots and some verdigris and other tarnish stains, all very difficult to get out. I'm leaving them in, as I'm convinced that the next owner is looking for exactly this kind of look.
The pot measures about 7" tall on the non-scoop side and closer to 9-3/4" on the scoop side, and then when the big handle is extended up, a total of 15-1/2" tall. The base and opening are 10" in diameter, and accounting for the handle on the side the bin is about one foot wide. Again, lots of wear from use, including dents and waves in the copper, tarnish, scratching, and some grime that seems to have been baked by the sun into the metal. All of which enhances the vintage look and feel.
Cool old piece that will bring rustic beauty to your patio, garden, or home.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For more patio decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/18888679/garden-patio-shed<br /> For hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico<br /> And all items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page @ romaarellano.com or follows us on Instagram @ roma.arellano. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our links. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.
Oct 15, 2017
Copper bin was very carefully packed and arrived in excellent shape. I love its cheerful colors. Very happy with my purchase.