Here is a purrfectly adorable ceramic kitten figurine made by Freeman McFarlin, the California-based pottery company founded by Gerald McFarlin and Maynard Anthony Freeman. McFarlin opened McFarlin Potteries in El Monte California in 1927, and Freeman joined him after WWII. It is said that Freeman added elegance and design to the company. He signed pieces he designed with the famous "Anthony" signature on the bottom. McFarlin sold his stake in 1968, and Freeman by 1972. This particular kitten is a Freeman design, signed on the bottom. It is gold leaf, as many of Freeman's pieces were, and you can see the red undercoat coming through in some places, which was by design, as that red coating gave warmth and vibrancy, and would create a beautiful patina over time. This kitten--# 430--was part of a two-kitten pair, but I only have one of the kittens. The gold leaf on pottery creates a beautiful texture, which along with glass eyes, gives it a sort of museum-like look and feel. And that contrasts with the theme of a whimsical kitten. Very clever!
The kitten stands 4-3/4" tall by about 3" wide and 4-1/2" deep. There are some very small nibbles, including one tint chip on the ear, which I tried to capture in Photo 9. Plenty of spots where the red shows through. In good vintage condition.
I'm sure the cat lover in your life will just think this gift is paw-some, and will love you fur-ever, and I'm not lion about that!
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For all items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.