In the 1960s my older sisters all set off in the world. Between the ages of eight and 14, I saw three of my siblings head off to college, and at some point during that time I remember admiring their accessories, so unlike the mundane supplies that I was still using. My brother was a true hippie and had all the accoutrements of such, including tooled leather belt and great old satchels for his supplies, which of course I assumed had only to do with writing and making art. The bag offered here is so reminiscent of that time, with thick heavy leather, the edges sewn with leather "thread," and the interior again all leather! Had this been his bag, I would have co-opted it in high school and written in pen poems and phone numbers, so thank goodness that whoever owned this piece only allowed it to wear naturally. Yes, the thread has broken in several points--see Photo 8 for lots of shots of that. And yes, the leather has torn in a place, there on the strap, not a place that affects usage. And yes, the previous owner poked a hole into the strap to wear it shorter. But this is authentic, folks, and for authentic hippie pieces, you get authentic use and wear.
This is not a large satchel, because in those days we didn't try to fit our entire lives into a bag. Our fast lives were, in fact, quite slow by today's standards. The bag measures 11-5/8" wide by about 9" tall with a 2-1/2" to 3" depth, and the strap is 36" as set in the pictures with an extra 9" of strap. And it can be adjusted shorter. This purse has wear, and so if you're expecting a mint condition hippie era piece, well, this is not for you. But if you want authentic hippie era, you've found it.
For when authenticity is more important than style.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For a ll items in shop : http://romaarellano.com
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page @ romaarellano.com or follows us on Instagram @ roma.arellano. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our links. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.