My favorite design in Native American artistry is the round cluster, and here we have an Old Pawn bolo tie in a cluster setting made with seven cabochons of the most gorgeous green turquoise with just the slightest hints of pale blue, the center cab surrounded by two borders of twist wire, and silver raindrops separating the six surrounding cabs. And to underline just how gorgeous the turquoise is, the piece is finished off with two cabs of the same gorgeous turquoise hanging off the tips at the bottom. One of the most stunning bolos I've ever had the honor of owning. The piece was heavily tarnished on the back, yet you can still make out the hallmark, ST, with the T slightly lower. There are a few ST hallmarks, and there is one with the T slightly offset, which is Navajo Sammy Smith, and I have no idea why he is not SS, but he is ST! Because this does not have a Bennett clasp in the back to move the slide up and down the lariat, chances are it is pre-mid 1950s when the Bennett started to be used in jewelry making. And it could be older. The original lariat did break from age and wear and has been been replaced by a new one. (I am happy to send the broken lariat along with the piece as additional proof of age.)
The bolo "slide" (the main part of the bolo tie) measures about 1-3/4" tall by 1-1/2" wide and 3/16" thick not including the wire holders in the back. The largest cabs are those at the tips, and they measure 5/8" long by just under 1/2" wide and are quite round and protrude out over 1/4". The center cab in the cluster is just a hair smaller than the tip cabs, and the surrounding ones vary but are all in the vicinity of slightly less than 1/2" tall by around 1/4" wide. They too all protude out close to 1/4". Silver tips and silver foundation do not magnetize, yet no sterling hallmark.
Amazing turquoise, vanishing Old Pawn!
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
Visit our Native American section here: http://romaarellano.com/shop/17770535/native-american-tribal
And all items in our shop here: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.