In all honesty this bowl is a bit of a mystery. The glaze and style tell us it's older, and when I first saw it I thought it to be a Moroccan design, or possibly Pakistani. Yet written in Sharpie on the back is a greeting, "To Debra & Gary from Barbara Guatemala," which then led me to wonder if it was a vintage Guatemalan bowl. Or was it a bowl from Barbara, who happened to live in Guatamala and even perhaps found it there. It does resemble some Guatemalan pieces, especially from the well known Montiel workshop, and we do know that the Majolica pottery in parts of Latin America were influenced by the Spanish, which was influenced by the Moors, who lived in Spain for 700 years. Still, I have a feeling that this is not a Guatemalan bowl but rather a gift from someone who happened to live in Guatemala. I have since taken off as much as possible the black marker writing on the back, but since it was written with a permanent type of marker, it has not come off completely (see Photo 7). So if you are a true collector of vintage and antique pottery, this is not a piece for you. Likelwise, if you want to give this to someone, you probably don't want this piece, which still has the remnants of a previous greeting. But if you are looking for a beautiful and older decorative piece to place on your wall, this is quite lovely.
The bowl measures 10-3/8" in diameter and 3" tall. See Photo 8 for a close up of chips on the foot of the bowl. There are areas in the glaze on the front where the bowl would have been set on pins or poles to glaze, and thus where the glaze is absent revealing the clay underneath. No cracks. Bowl weighs almost 2.5 lbs unpacked and will be double boxed for shipping.
Pottery making so beautiful that it is truly a piece of art.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
More hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
All items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.