Here we have two fabulous older pieces of redware pottery from Oaxaca, Mexico, circa 1940s to 60s, which are in the genre of pottery that is called drip ware. This type of ceramics was tourist pottery, and these pieces might have been sitting in one's home and left to wear without a lot of special care, as the pieces seem faded and left exposed to the elements. I've seen plates like these in much worse condition, but even so, if you're looking for a mint condition piece of old tourist pottery, these are not for you. But if you want two beautiful rustic plates to add to your collection, these plates are quite special. The glaze has lead in it, so these are for decorative use only now, although they do not have holes in the back for hanging. Either lean them against a wall on a shelf (say, in a trastero or hutch) or use a plate holder, although take care as the redware pottery is somewhat fragile given the age.
The plates measures about 10-3/8" in diameter and just over 1" tall. I would not immerse the piece in water, as old redware clay is particular susceptible to erosion from water. The biggest issue are the relatively small areas where the glaze has flaked away, including some surface paint/glaze chips along the rim. Otherwise in sound vintage condition. Both imprinted with MEXICO on back.
Beautiful piece reminiscent of Old, Old Mexico.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
More hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
All items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.