In the past several years Old Pawn turquoise has become increasingly hard to find, so imagine my delight when I came across this cluster ring made with very beautiful and quite luminescent turquoise in shades ranging sky to bright blue. Truly, the first day I found this ring I wore it til bedtime, and I couldn't believe how much light the turquoise reflected come dusk. And that's one of the hallmarks of old turquoise--the way it reflects light. Another is the way it changes color over time from exposure to skin's oils, the way that the various cabochons on this ring range in color. We estimate this to be 1940s and possibly 1930s. We can see the cuts on the turquoise, the way each of the petit point and snake eye cabochons were formed to fit the sawtooth bezels. In some places you can see spots where the cabs chipped, likely from being hit on a hard surface during wear. Other places the bezel has been bent or a tooth broke, yet all of the bezels have been checked the make sure the turquoise is well seated. On the back you can still see file markes in the silver, especially along the edges, from hand filing. The double shank band has been slightly flattened from wear, and so while the ring shows as a Size 6 on a mandrel, it fits more like a 7 due to the extra space on the size. Since the ring is unmarked (and hallmarks did not become more common until about the 1970s) we cannot say with certainty that it is Native American, but we believe it to be Navajo or Zuni.
The ring face measures about 1-1/4" wide by about 1-5/8" long and the 18 turquoise cabs (eight snake eye and ten petit point settings) measure from between 1/8" in diameter to 1/4" long. The ring shows as a size 6 on the mandrel yet due to a widening out of the shank over time from wear, it fits closer to a Size 7. Given the age of this ring, I do not recommend re-sizing. There is no sterling stamp, but the piece does not magnetize.
Truly vanishing piece of history.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For Native American treasures: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17770535/native-american-tribal
And all items in the shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.