Here we have a giraffe with great presence, not only because of its quite huge size but also that regal stance--even while sitting!--and those beautiful contrasting colors of a rusty russet-y orange combined with dark blue and peppered with all sorts of other great and vivid colors. Although Talavera pottery will eventually wear from exposure to sun and water, this giraffe is so perfect for a garden, as I have photographed it in mine. Giraffes are gentle, and they're said to symbolize the ability to reach high and obtain things you might not normally be able to reach. In a chaotic life, the giraffe is all about keeping your head up. And although they look benign, giraffes are powerful and can take down a predator with one swift kick.
Measures 22-1/2" tall by about 21" long and 10" deep. No chips, and just a few fleabites on the bottom especially. Some areas in the paint where there were smudges before glazing, and small lines that at first may appear to be repaired breaks but are not. Signed MEXICO on bottom. A super heavy and large piece that will be double boxed, accounting for the high shipping cost.
Gentle yet powerful giraffe--in a size that has amazing presence!
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
Visit our Native American section here: http://etsy.me/2i6eFIO
And all items in our shop here: http://etsy.me/2i6kcyY
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.