In 1986 a company called American West debuted with a collection of handbags inspired by Western purses of the 1940s and 50s, in all handmade, hand tooled full grain genuine leather, shaped like a small doctors bag, with silver tone buckle and magnetic closure, and handles at the top as well as a shoulder strap. In those days the bags were made by craftsmen in Paraguay, a country known for amazing leather artistry. in 2016, the same company issued a 30th anniversary version to commemorate the collection that started it all. Today those bags can only be found in specialty stores and boutiques or custom-ordered online, and go for about $260. This vintage bag offered here, I would venture to guess, is as well made--IF NOT BETTER--than the new ones.The shoulder strap is detachable and adjustable. A wide mouth opens and interior lined with brown cotton fabric, and a small sewn pocket. No other dividers or pockets. Interior is quite clean, and I'm not certain the purse was ever actually used or used much.
Measures about 9-3/4" wide by 7-1/2" tall and 5" deep. Strap is 41" on the smallest hole and expandable another 8". Removable if you prefer the handles only. In very good vintage condition.
Your inner cowgirl will love this!
See my other timeless things to wear here:
And see all the items in my shop here:
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.