When I was 23 years old and had my first professional job out of college working at a Santa Fe advertising agency, I had two weeks vacation and no one to take it with. So I went to the train station in Lamy, NM, and hopped on the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Super Chief, and I rode it overnight to Los Angeles to visit friends and relatives before hopping back on four days later to go to Oakland/San Francisco. It was a nostalgic trip, as my parents could only afford train or car to get our large family out to trips to Disneyland as a child. And so I was absolutely delighted to find these two fabulous authorized reproductions of classic Santa Fe Railway dining car china, the kind introduced in 1936. Pipestone from Shrewsbury, PA, is the company that produces the licensed reproduction of railroad china, which they began doing in the late 1980s/early 1990s. The original Mimbreño China was designed in the mid 1930s by Mary Elizabeth Jane Colter for use on the Super Chief. Colter worked jointly for the Santa Fe Railway and the Fred Harvey Company for more than forty years designing and supervising the construction of Santa Fe Rail Stations, Fred Harvey Hotels and classic lodges like the Bright Angel in Grand Canyon. Mimbres Indians of Southwestern New Mexico and their designs were the inspiration for the china designed by Colter.
These are demitasse cups, which means they are small, intended for espresso or tea, and they each measure 2-1/2" across and closer to 3-1/2" including the handle, and stand 2-1/4" tall. They carry the raised HLC USA emblem on the bottoms, which stands for Homer Laughlin Company. The saucers 5" in diameter and carry on the back the replica label. In good condition.
Lovely replicas from the Golden Age of the Santa Fe Railway.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
More hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
All items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.