This antique pewter coffee or chocolate pot sat for many years outside in the cottage garden of an elderly woman in Albuquerque's south valley. When she passed on, the piece was almost forgotten, hidden out there among weeds and grass and a few hardy flowers--hollyhocks and flax--that continued to grow in spite of years of neglect. The pot was broken at the hinge, the ornate handle split at the seam, and the interior liner malformed from decades of exposure to sun and water. Those running the estate sale had overlooked the piece, either on purpose or just because they didn't see it. But of course, with the still gorgeous etched floral design and the raised floral elements throughout, this pot *had* to be rescued and admired for its beauty, which in my eyes was enhanced by the wear on the piece. Clearly no longer a working pot, nor one that I would use to hold water at all, this antique piece is purely decorative. And what lovely decor it is! Place in your own garden, as I've shown in Photos 1 and 4, or take off the lid--remember, the hinge is broken--to hold dried flowers. Or set on a big rustic pine table as a centerpiece, or use as prop for a vintage wedding.
Measures 12" to top of the finial and 10" from handle to spout. Base of pot measures 7" in diameter. Hinge is broken, many dents, dings, scratches. This is not a piece for the person looking for perfection but rather for the one who sees through the state of decline and disrepair to one's essential beauty.
Because true elegance is ever lasting.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For all items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page @ romaarellano.com or follows us on Instagram @ roma.arellano. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our links. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.