I hope young people today know what jacks are and more importantly still enjoy playing them. Growing up, jacks were about my favorite game to play. You could do them alone or with someone else, and you could carry your own set of jacks wherever you went and never be bored. (Hmmm, in that way, I suppose jacks were to us then a little like smartphones are to our kids today.) So of course when I saw these seven jacks in seven different colors, I grabbed them right away. All seven are oversized, yet two are especially large and the rest a bit smaller. I thought about breaking up the jacks and selling them by color, but they look fabulous together and could be used in different ways--bookends, paperweight, shelf decor, room decor in a single or multiple spaces such as bedrooms and nurseries or a classroom or living room. The paint on each is uneven and distressed, and if you want you could repaint them all or leave some as is and repaint others. We believe these to be reproductions of midcentury jacks, given they have a more elongated shaped and are not as heavy as those produced in the midcentury. They could be circa 1970s to 90s, although we have seen some attributed to the 50s.
The two largest are red and yellow and measure about 10" by 10" in their three axes. The five smaller are green, gray, turquoise/teal, blue, and orange, and they measure 7" by 7" along their three axes. The jacks are not very heavy, although together they are. The big ones way a little over 1.5 lbs each (over 3 lbs together) and the smaller about a pound each or five lbs together, for a total unpacked weight of eight pounds. Again, the paint is uneven and distressed, but the jacks are otherwise in great vintage condition.
Because we really knew how to have fun!
See all the items in my shop here:
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.