Here we have two wonderfully spirited horse statues or figurines, with hand painted designs in classic Chinoiserie style. I have found similar statues--one at a time, not two--and most are attributed to 1970s to 80s, in a style that might also be Russian but more likely Chinese. The blue is a deep cobalt, smoky. The white is more gray-white, almost smoky, all adding to the evocative feel of the statues. There are no identifying marks although I haven't peeled off all of the red velvet covers that a previous owner glued over the feet to protect the wood on which these would have sat. And this color scheme is so gorgeous against dark wood. The detailing on the horses' rumps and saddle is simply beautiful, so unlike mass produced figurines we see today. Horses are universally seen as a symbol of freedom without restraint, and these two horses, with manes flowing and heads slightly raised, appear ready to bolt.
Each measures just over 11" tall by about 11" across from tip of nose to tip of tail and 3" thick. In great vintage condition with no chips, cracks, or crazing. Each horse weighs over 2 pounds and will be double boxed for shipping.
Beautiful horses, great symbolism.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
See my other midcentury modern decor here:
See my decor items that you might find in a home in Taos, Santa Fe, or Mexico here :
And see all the items in my shop here:
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.