This rug-slash-wall-hanging is something of a mystery. It came from the estate from a woman who in her 40s, after her children were launched, decided to join the Peace Corps in order to see the world. According to her daughter, who is now in her 50s herself, her mom had always wanted to travel yet knew she couldn't afford to go to the places she longed. She was in Turkey's rural regions and villages, and it is believed that she picked up this rug there, likely in the 1970s or 80s. What is so mysterious about it is that it appears to be unfinished and/or a "second." Normally with Turkish rugs, the back is fairly clean with all knots tied off neatly. In this case, the back is quite messy, with untrimmed ends (see Photo bottom for a close up). There are two theories on this: one is that this rug could have come from someone who was new to rug making, a student or someone self-taught (and in some villages, many of the women and girls who make rugs are self-taught). The other theory is that it was a second, which made it affordable to someone on a very tight budget. Or a combination of those two notions. In any case, it is not represented here as the work of a master weaver. Nonetheless, this piece is beautiful with deep vibrant reds that look great againt black, brown, blue, cream, and touches of pumpkin color and a celery green. It would make a beautiful wall hanging, and yes, it could even be used as a rug, but I suggest a wall hanging due to the fact that that messy back won't be picking up a lot of dust if hung against a wall.
Measures just under 3' by 6' including the fringe, which it has only on one side. In spite of the messy back, it is relatively good condition, having been displayed in the woman's home. Weighs 3.75 pounds unpacked.
Vintage decor with a story.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For all hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
And all items: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.