Here we have a beautiful Italian ex voto circa late 1800s to early 1900s, formed from one thin sheet of silver plated tin alloy, with the traditional "Sacred Heart" of God and angel design in deep repoussé. Ex votos are also known as "milagros" (miracles) and are religious charms used in much of the Latin-based Catholic part of the Old World, Italy included, as votive offerings and for giving thanks to miracles received. This particular milagro is an offering of thanks for God's grace--the GR standing for Gracias Recibido (Grace Received). In fact, the word "gracias" comes from the larger term Gracias Recibido, and it is a form of giving thanks to God for His blessings or Grace. Would make a beautiful piece to use in assemblage, a home altar, even as a completely unique Christmas ornament, or to complement a collection of ex votos. Or, for giving thanks for someone who has blessed you with their help, support, or whatever you needed from them or just in life in general.
It measures about 3-1/4" wide at the widest point by 3-3/4" long, including the bail. The piece has a beautiful patina that gives depth and drama to the repoussé and which I would absolutely leave in place.
For the gratitude we hold for God's love, grace, and blessings.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For more saints and spirits: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17770597/saints-santos-spirit
And all items: https://romaarellano.com
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.