Instant ancestors? Well, if you choose this particular couple, I can tell you your children will be beautiful. Because the obviously young couple is quite a good looking pair. The man has quintessential boyish good looks, with the kind of hair you know will be full into old age. The woman's hair is equally thick, her nose aqualine, and although her expression is stern, she is what we might call handsome and elegant. This is an antique convex oval portrait--also known as a bubble portrait--of a New Mexican Hispanic couple, very Spaniard in look, as the piece came from a very old New Mexico estate, and while I will not call out the family by name here, I will gladly share details with the buyer. We estimate this to be circa 1880s to early 1900s, and what is really lovely about it besides the convex glass is that you can see the sketching especially in the man's tie, the woman's lace blouse, and around the woman's lips, used to strengthen the image. Use in a Victorian home, a sitting parlor, a library--it will become the ultimate conversation piece. Or, do you have that friend who always complains about her or his relatives? Well, give them the gift of new relatives. Covered with antique bubble glass. The frame itself is pressed pulp, so not real wood, painted to look like tiger maple. It appears as though the back was never sealed with brown paper, and hence it will come to you unsealed.
The frame measures 24-1/2" across by 18-1/2" wide and depth from the wall is about an inch. The print has some scratches around the upper edge where the color has rubbed off. The frame has scuffs including a couple of small cracks in the black inner frame. Back oval piece of pressed wood covering the print has an area that's been broken off. Plenty of scuffs to the frame. Glass is in good condition with no cracks. All in all, in good vintage condition given the age.
Because sometimes we really do wish we had a new set of relatives.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For all hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
And all items: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.