Here we have an absolutely adorable handmade and hand painted terracotta pottery candle holder that features a group of indigenous women all holding swaddled children. There are two parts to this piece--the round base and the cover. The cover--this group of women--reminds me of those much more ubiquitous ceramic "Circle of Friends" tea light holder or incense burners, but with a twist. This time it's women and children. And what's so cool about it are the tiny stars cut out of the sides of the cover, for a hurricane lantern effect although more subtle as the stars are small and only reflect a bit of light. I'd use LED tea candles inside as the rim of the base is not high enough to absorb spilled was. Also, heat will only compromise the redware over time, and it is in such great condition now, having been cared for by a New Mexican family that brought back the piece from a trip to the Andes years ago. It reminded them of the luminaria tradition of New Mexico, where a lit candle placed in a brown sack lights the way for Christ at Christmas.
The base measures about 5-3/4" in diameter, and the hurricane style top stands about 6" tall alone and closer to 6-1/2" tall when placed on the base. Some small fleabites, but in overall good condition.
Homage to women, children, friends, stars of the night sky.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
See all my other folk art: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17770625/latin-world-folk-art
And see all the items in my shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.