Here we have a gorgeous round hat case, likely from the turn of the century to possibly the 1920s to 30s, with hinged lid that fastens the box, three brass clasps and a meaty leather handle. The hat box would have kept safe fine hats from the days when people traveled by ship or train or even carriage. This one carries the kind of wear that tells you it's old, it was used, and it was tucked away for safekeeping. The frame of the hat box is heavy cardboard, and over that is a vinyl-like black skin. And then along edges is brown leather trim, and a meaty brown leather handle. Inside, original faded green leafy themed paper lining stitched in. All brass hardware. Delicious to the eye! And even though the brown leather trim has frayed a lot, and even though the black vinyl skin has spots lost due to touch and wear, this is still the kind of piece that offers great function and appeal. I would not recommend using as a travel case any longer, not even a carry on; the reason it has lasted this long is because it was cared for in later years. Instead, use as a decorator piece to bring genuine vintage sojourner vibes to an industrial loft, midcentury modern great room, or steampunk themed bedroom. Or even as a display in a brick and mortar vintage store.
This is a rather large piece, measuring 16" across at the widest point by 14-1/2" tall (and add another 2 with handle extended) by 8-1/2" in depth. Three brass latches work. See Photo 5 for close-ups of the frayed edges and wear conditions.
The soul of a traveler, ready to settle down and tells stories of days gone.
For all items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.