This fabulous costume concho belt was made in the 1960s and 70s, in response to the craze for these types of belts in that era. This piece would have been made for the masses, using a nickel alloy instead of silver, and with an iconic symbol--the thunderbird. My mom had oodles of these belts, and she and all the girls in the family wore them, in oval conchos and rectangular ones, yet the one that was the most coveted was this thunderbird. Super light, and meant in that time to be super affordable. Which it still is today. True Native American sterling silver concho belts in my store today run up to as much as $2000 or even more; yet here is this Native inspired piece for just a fraction of the cost!
The belt measures 37-1/2" tip to tip, and when closed it would be ideal for a waist of about 34" to 36". Part of the fun of this belt is that a small section dangles, and while you certainly can go right up to the end, I can only tell you how we wore them way back when. The 16 thunderbird 1-5/8" wide by 1-1/2" tall. The belt is in good vintage condition.
Fun, light, Native inspired, and affordable!
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
Visit our Native American section here: http://bit.ly/2pWrLPx<br /> And all items in our shop here: https://romaarellano.com
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page @ romaarellano.com or follows us on Instagram @ roma.arellano. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our links. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.