Here is a delightful big horn sheep, or ram--I am sure if you are someone who raises or loves this type of animal, you'll know the difference. What I do know is that it's a lovely little piece, so light and fine. Made of bisque porcelain, almost tinny in sound if you flick it with your nail, and the painting looks like airbrush, so three dimensional. That's really what drew me to the piece, that and I love sheep, because then I get to say I love ewe! Carries the Ucagco Ceramics Japan foil sticker on the bottom and a mold number. Ucagco was founded by Abe Mayer and originally called Abe Mayer & Co., doing business throughout SE Asia, Latin America, and the U.S. From a history of the company: "In the 1930s, the company took on the official trademark of UCAGCO and began expanding overseas. After WWII, the company’s agent in Japan, S.A. Stolaroff signed the very first contract allowing imports from Japan. A talented ceramic designer himself, Stolaroff worked alongside many Japanese potteries to lead the company’s line of ceramics. In 1956, UCAGCO was sold.
The figurine measures just about 3-5/8" tall by about 2" wide and just under 5" deep. The ram's hooves have some fleabites and have lost a bit of their black paint, which I've gently restored (not the fleabites but the paint loss), and in quite good condition given the age!
If ewe love sheep, ewe'll love this ram!
See my vintage folk art here:
And my decor items that you might find in a home in Taos, Santa Fe, or Mexico here:
And all the items in my shop here:
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.