These heishi earrings are in the form of a "jacla," so called for the tabular pieces of "corn" in the bottom center. These "corn" are made of a white shell, while the rest of earrings are made of small discs of bright blue turquoise. Matrix marbles the turquoise. Centuries ago, the original jacla was a pair of heishi earrings tied onto a heishi necklace. Later, loops of heishi specific for this purpose were tied onto the lower center of the heishi necklace. This particular earrings are very similar to the original type of jacla tht would have been tied onto a necklace. The jacla (center "corn" pieces) might match the heishi or be of contrasting color. I bought these directly from the artist years ago when we annually traveled through Santo Domingo Pueblo on summer day trips; the artist was Lupe Lovato.
The jacla--that group of three "corn" in the center--measure about 5/8″ wide. The fiber onto which these are strung is burned at the top and/or discolored by age. Earring length is about 3-1/4″ not including the French hook (which has been replaced) and closer to 3-3/4" including the hook.
See my other vintage Native American or Native American inspired jewelry here:
And see all the items in my shop here:
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page @ romaarellano.com or follows us on Instagram @ roma.arellano. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our links. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.