Here we have a very rare set of SIX old Tonalá round nesting bowls made of redware pottery--search for Tonalá or Tlaquepaque (the two are adjacent towns sharing artistic traditions) nesting bowls and maybe you will find three or four, and I even once sold five. But this is SIX bowls, all together. And I have to be honest, when I first saw them I thought, aw, the nightmare of successfully shipping all these oh-so-thin pieces, and so many. But then that part of my brain kicked in that recognizes a true treasure, and I bought the piece knowing that the collector of early Tlaquepaque will cherish this set. And not only is it a set of many pieces, but it is a stamped set, which makes it even more unique. On the largest piece is an embossed stamped, illegible, although I can make out what I think is ENRRIQUE (sp) and then a second name that ends in ANO, and the word TONALA, I think. The pieces are elegant, skillfully shaped with thin, not at all clumpy walls of the bowl. The glaze, which covers in the interior and just the upper part of the exterior, gives the bowls a deep, rich terracotta patina. Although these bowls are usable, I would not recommend using this them for food. Glazes from this era often contained lead, so use the bowls for holding dried pomegranates in fall or the heads of spent roses in spring or any other pieces of nature. Or better yet, keep them empty--they are pieces of art in and of themselves.
The largest in this set is about 10-1/2" in diameter and 4-1/2" tall and has two handles, and the smallest is about 3-1/4" in diameter. The four others fall within those two ends of the spectrum. Only the outer bowl has two handles; all the others have only one. Each bowl has areas where the glaze and paint have flaked off and other areas of chips. Even with the condition issues, these are an absolutely stunning example of early Tlaquepaque folk art pottery. These bowls weigh about 7 pounds without packing materials and will be double boxed for shipping--the shipping price reflects this extra weight and care.
Classic early folk art pottery that will bring rustic charm to any decor.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
More hacienda decor: https://romaarellano.com/shop/6877927/hacienda-taos-mexico
All items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.