Pictures do not do justice to the absolutely exquisite natural turquoise in this watch band. I believe it is made by Fred Weekoty of Zuni, as I've seen this particular hallmark attributed to him. (He has another hallmark with a stacked FW, which is often used in conjunction with a shop hallmark.) Weekoty produced jewelry mostly before 1970, and then went on to work with stone and other arts. The band here is made of stamped sterling silver onto which we have ten cabochons of turquoise, all a creamy blue to blue green, set in completely handmade sawtooth bezels. The piece came from the estate of a family that in the 1960s and 70s traveled all over New Mexico buying directly from Native Americans and reselling to retailers in Old Town Albuquerque. This was one of the few pieces they kept for themselves, and you can really understand why when you see the turquoise in it. In fact, I had thought about taking out the turquoise and making something new with it, since I don't wear a watch. But the band itself has so much hand stamping and work in it, and I just felt it should be used as intended. It fits perfectly a smaller wrist, and it's quite hard to find old Native American bands like this one that work on a woman's wrist.
The watch band measures just under 5-1/4" around using a tape measure on the inside, with a gap just over 1"--again, ideal for a small size wrist (my wrist, in the photo, is 6" around, and the watch band fits me nicely). The cuff is 5/8" wide. There is some darkening of the silver--I think it adds depth to the stamped areas and adds contrast--this enhances--the incredible turquoise colors. It wouldn't hurt to give a light polish, yet you would not want to remove the lovely patina. In good vintage condition.
Visit our Native American section here: http://bit.ly/2pWrLPx
And all items in our shop here: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.