Here we have a concho belt made of "Alpaca," or German silver, consisting of hand-stamped rectangle conchos with a geometric design. There are ten conchos plus the slightly larger buckle, so a total of 11 conchos, and they are placed onto a supple black belt. They carry a barely visible maker's mark of a star inside a crescent moon and the word Lunaca, as well as the ALPACA stamp telling us of what it's made. I have found questions on silver forums about this mark yet no definitive information about Lunaca. The 60s and 70s were a time of lots of artisans making Native American inspired jewelry and accessories, and my guess is this was one of those types of silversmiths working on this. I do not believe it's Native American, but rather inspired by those types of belts.
The belt measures about 45" long from the edge of the buckle to the tip of the leather strap, and the strap is just under one inch wide. This is one of those belts that has many additional holes in it, starting as small as about 25-1/2" and as big as 36", and there is, of course, room for holes to be made even farther out. While it's safe to say that the long belt will fit a lot of different hip sizes (and concho belts are typically worn low on the hips), the ideal waist size for this belt is about 36". That would put it on the last hole, plus allow for all the conchos to be worn fairly close together, and leave a pretty long tail, which typically is left overlapping (or underlapping, as the case may be) the buckle. Alpaca or brass alloy backs make it easy to slip on and off conchos.
Each of the ten non-buckle conchos measures about 2-1/4" wide by just over 2" tall. Note that each is hand made and hand-stamped so expect irregularities in the conchos--a case where imperfection is actually perfection. The buckle measures about 2-3/4" by 2-1/2". Alpaca has a tendency to carry a slightly golden patina, so if you want the more white-gray look of silver, this is not your belt. But if you love the heaviness of a concho belt, with a great modernist design, and an affordable price, this belt offers it all.
Great Southwestern look, great quality, less than a third of the pirce of a sterling silver piece!
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
Visit our Native American section here: http://etsy.me/2i6eFIO
And all items in our shop here: http://etsy.me/2i6kcyY
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.