Here we have a rare ceramic black and white cow bank that at one time--circa 1950s--was a prize won at an Ecuador fair. The lucky winner would fill the bull with money, and like piggy banks from this era, smash open the cow to get at the money saved. Whoever won this particular cow did not use it. I purchased this and a large piece from a collector of such fair prizes, and this one I loved because it was a black and white Holstein, which is one of my favorite types of cows and one of the few types of female cattle that can grow horns. Or, holy cow! Is this the ultimate type of cattle--with both horns and udders???
She stands 6-1/4" tall from the tip of her horn to the base, and is about 8-1/2" long, and stands on a base that is about 3-7/8" by 2-5/8". There are lots of areas where the paint has flaked off, several fleabites, yet no cracks nor chips (beyond these paint flakes, some of which get down to the ceramic layer. Overall in quite good condition. The ceramic plug is still inside and can be heard when you move the cow around. Will be double boxed for shipping.
No bull, you'll be udderly over the moooooon for this simply bovine piece of folk art!
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
See all my other folk art: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17770625/latin-world-folk-art
And see all the items in my shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.