This amazing poncho comes from the estate of a family who lived and breathed horses--from rodeo cowboy to race horse trainers--and this was one of my favorite finds from the estate. A hand-woven hand-embroidered wool poncho, V-neck and super long, in very good condition. We believe the poncho was made in the 1960s or 1970s--likely from Mexico. It features the same embroidered design front and back: horse shoes on the front and back shoulders and the bust of a horse surrounded by a horse shoe in the center. No one wore the piece, it was displayed for a while then tucked away, and amazingingly smells nothing of mothballs yet has no moth damage.
This is thick wool, and it is not super big (in terms of the size of person it will fit) even though it looks big. The sides are lightly tacked with wool about two-thirds of the way down--see Photo 5, upper right hand corner. I would not recommend taking out the tack, both because you may accidentally snip more thread than intended but also because those tacks serve to help keep the poncho in place especially toward the bottom where with this length the bottom half might flail while you're in motion. And speaking of length, given how long this piece is, it is ideal for someone relatively thin and tall. Keep in mind that wearing a poncho can feel confining just because of the weight, so leave room to breathe underneath--that's the trick of a great feeling poncho.
Side to side when laid flat: 35"
Shoulder to hem, not including fringe: about 39"
Shoulder to hem with fringe: closer to 44" long
Convo me and we can talk through any size questions you have before you buy.
See all my other boho fashion: https://romaarellano.com/shop/19103417/bohemian-chica-chico
And see all the items in my shop: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.