Here we have a simple ring built around an absolutely stunning piece of Carico Lake turquoise, recognizable for the swirling green-into-blue-tinged-with-light-caramel-colored-matrix--the kind of old natural turquoise that gets more rare with each passing day. You can tell from the asymmetrical shape that the artist formed the bezel exactly around this cabochon, then surrounded by twist wire and dotted with five silver raindrops on each side, all sitting on a two-fingered shank. The ring came from the estate of a family that in the 1970s traveled all over New Mexico buying directly from Native Americans and reselling to retailers in Old Town Albuquerque. We do not know for sure that this is Native American, as it is not signed, but we do know that the family kept this piece for themselves over more than 40 years. We believe this to be Navajo.
The ring is a size 5, which is small for many hands, although the face of the ring, which measures about 1" across by 1" long--is more of what I'd consider a medium size. See Photo 3 for a comparison of some other rings in my shop. The turquoise cab measures just under 3/4" across at the widest point by about 7/8" long. The turquoise is in great vintage condition, no cracks, and is well-seated in the bezel. The shank is unusual, seemingly shaped to align with the ring face, and it is not at all symmetrical and in fact has some slight bends. On the back of the ring there is a seam, likely an area not smoothed out by the artist; the seam is cosmetic only.
Beautiful, vanishing turquoise.
This ring can be re-sized for an additional $25, as long as you know your ring size. Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
Visit our Native American section here: http://etsy.me/2i6eFIO
And all items in our shop here: http://etsy.me/2i6kcyY
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.