Here we have a traditional hand-stamped sterling silver concho belt featuring eleven conchos, including the buckle, on a supple leather strap. The belt came from the estate of a family that in the 1970s traveled all over New Mexico buying directly from Native Americans and reselling to retailers in Old Town Albuquerque. We do not know for sure that this is Native American, as it is not signed, but we do know that the family kept this piece for themselves over more than 40 years. We believe this to be Navajo.
The belt measures just under 39-1/2" long from the tip of the buckle to the tip of the leather strap, and the strap is about one inch in width. Size from first hole in the leather strap to the hook: 33". Size from last hole to hook: about 36-3/4". Belt Sizing rule of thumb: Since conchos are generally worn low on the hips versus at the waist, take your hip size and add 4” to it. For example: 34 hips = 38" belt size. This leather strap is clearly ideal for someone on the slimmer side. There are enough conchos to space them out on a larger strap with some space between each concho, as they touch up to one another on this belt. Traditional copper backs make it easy to slip on and off conchos.
Each of the ten non-buckle conchos measures just over 3" wide by about 2-1/2" tall. Note that each is hand made and hand-stamped so expect irregularities in the conchos--a case where imperfection is actually perfection. The buckle measures 3-1/2" by 2-1/2". I cannot say enough about what a gorgeous piece this is and how excited I am to have it in my shop. It has been gently cleaned, not enough to take off the patina entirely. The back is still darkened from age. In great vintage condition.
A classic piece--to last a lifetime.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
Visit our Native American section here: http://bit.ly/2pWrLPx
And all items in our shop here: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.