Here we have a lovely hand blown caged amber glass from Mexico, taken out of a Southwest style New Mexican home that was built in the 1960s. This pendant lamp has "crackle glass," made so intentionally for the unusual texture. The lamp is missing its iron cap, along with the ring at the top that normally would link to chains for hanging the lamp. In lieu of a cap, someone has ad-libbed a piece of black wire from which one would hang the lamp. I have a similar piece WITH the cap listed for 2x the price as this one, which is discounted on account of the missing part. Nonetheless, this lamp would be great for hanging outdoors in a bohemian garden.
The caged glass lantern globe measures about 10" in diameter at the widest point (and about 28" around when taking a tape measure around the globe) by about 11" tall from the base to the flat top of the ring. (Note that my measurements are estimates only; getting precise measurements is difficult given the shape of the piece.) Take extra precaution with the cut glass at the top. I stuck my hand into the globe to clean out decades of dirt and moths and debris, so that you won't have to. But if you use the piece as a lamp, you will need to fiddle with that inner area to place the light. The lamp is heavy, measuring about 3.5 pounds. Glass is in good condition--yes, lots of crackle yet no cracks nor chips--and while I did clean out the interior, I only lightly cleaned the exterior. The dust accumulated in areas around the iron shows age and in my opinion is a sort of patina to the piece. The metal is solid, although rusted and scratched considerably. The handle at the top is, again, made as a stopgap solution to the fact that the cap is missing.
An old imperfect piece, sure to add the perfect touch to your space.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
See my other decor items that you might find in a home in Taos, Santa Fe, or Mexico here:
See my midcentury modern decor here:
And see all the items in my shop here:
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.