There are many qualities that drew me to this large Navajo cuff, not least of which is the color of turquoise, a hue resembling a robin's egg, and yes there is a type of turquoise called Robins Egg but not exactly like this, speckled with matrix. Here we have, in fact, Easter Blue Turquoise from Nevada, a mine that produced very small quantities, in the same area as Royston turquoise--and like the stones from this region, with a gorgeous range of color and significant splotches of matrix.
I also loved the unusual design with two large cabochons, set off with thick flat twist rope and silver leaves forming a shadowbox effect. The piece was made in the 1970s by Navajo artist Douglas Harrison. This was the heyday of truly large chunky statement cuffs and squash blossoms.
The cuff itself is not made for a thick wrist, as it measures only 5-1/2" around using a tape measure on the inner side, with a 1-1/4" gap--in fact, it's perfect for a small-to-medium size wrist. Yet the face of the bracelet is huge--to get a sense of the size relative to other bracelets in my shop see how in the cover photo it seems monstrous as compared to "normal" cuffs. The two turquoise features extend beyond the dimensions of the cuff, and so when worn the bracelet face measures 4" from end to end by 1-5/8". The underside has some scratching and forging from the artist's work, and the shape of the cuff is not perfectly symmetrical, which is natural for a piece that is about four decades old. But the face of the piece is beautiful, and while the turquoise has some hairline cracking, both cabochons are solidly seated.
Truly a bold piece, a statement piece, and an increasingly rare piece--by a known and collectible Navajo artist!
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
Visit our Native American section here: http://etsy.me/2i6eFIO
And all items in our shop here: http://etsy.me/2i6kcyY
3-5 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.