I recently acquired this beautiful Mexican sterling silver milagro (Spanish word for "miracle") at auction, and although the patina had been polished off, I believe it is from the early part of the 20th century. This milagro, like most from that era, is formed from one thin sheet of silver (many of the era also used a single sheet of tin) with traditional Spanish Colonial designs in deep repoussé. Milagros, also known as ex votos, are religious folk charms used as votive offerings and for healing purposes in Mexico. This milagro features the winged angel, a common icon that is, for example, seen at the foot of the Virgen de Guadalupe. Perhaps this particular milagro was to keep one safe during travel, as the upper portion resembles a Victorian era luggage tag with space for engraving. Today it is a beautiful piece that will complement a collection of Mexico and Latin American milagros or perhaps to wear as a pendant--but if so, take great care as the silver is thin. NOTE: The silver rope chain pictured is not included.
It is a very unusual milagro. It measures 2-1/8" wide by 3" tall not including the loop ring, which came with it. The silver is very thin, as shown in Photo 3. The surface has fine scratches likely from age and years of cleaning. The hallmark stamp on the back is worn down but you can still make out the word MEXICO and 925. Other than the scuffing/scratching, it is in good vintage condition.
Que te vayas bien. That you travel safely.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
See my other spirit-infused vintage items here:
See my Mexican and/or Mexican inspired jewelry here:
And all the items in my shop here:
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.