This is an absolutely gorgeous ring from my personal collection. Here's what I can tell you about it. It came from Istanbul in the late 80s/early 90s. It features a chunk of faceted citrine, set in a dark setting. What called to me about this ring was exactly that dark setting. Citrine is often set in a light setting, and the dark oxidized metals not only enhance the yellows and golden hues of citrine but create a smoky feel to the gemstone.
The stone is large, measuring 3/4" wide by 5/8" long and protruding about 1/4" off the last layer of the setting and 1/2" off the ring shank. It a size 6.25, and when I bought this in the early 1990s, it fit my middle finger perfectly. Today it is tight. Still, I have to say it is the PERFECT middle finger ring. That is where the weight of the ring is the most balanced, and it is a heavy ring for which that balance matters.
It is unmarked yet has been tested for silver. The other metals are copper and I believe the final bezel is brass but I have not tested it for any other metal, including gold. The ring shank is ornate and asymmetrical, unlike any ring shank I've seen. Overall the ring has great weight and presence both. Not heavy for the sake of being heavy, yet solid and present. I wore this ring one last time just to make sure I was willing to let it go, and in the course of that morning I got six comments on the ring.
I put this into the Frida inspired section of my shop because although the ring comes from Istanbul, it has a modernist Mexican feel, the bold use of metals, the ornate silver artistry, and the focus on a beautiful faceted gemstone. The right person for this ring will understand the connection and feel it immediately. This I know.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For all Frida inspired jewelry: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17770579/frida-inspired<br /> For Native American: https://romaarellano.com/shop/17770535/native-american-tribal<br /> And all items in shop: https://romaarellano.com
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page @ romaarellano.com or follows us on Instagram @ roma.arellano. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our links. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.
Jan 12, 2018
Gorgeous ring! Roma is so very charming and will leave you with a delightful shopping experience.