Once upon a time, a vibrant US-based company called the Santa Rosa Shoe Factory manufactured shoes and boots in the Sonoma Valley of California. Founded in 1906, the company operated in the tannery district of Santa Rosa, California. There's not a lot of information about this company, although it apparently at some point became part of Kushin Shoes, and later, in the 1980s or 90s, was bought out by Herman, of Herman Survivor boot fame. After that the story goes south, with Walmart acquiring Herman Survivors, at which point you can find a lot of information about boots gone bad.
But what we have here is a pair of pre-Herman, pre-Walmart, US-made, right-in-the-heart-of-California authentic Santa Rosa brand brown leather square toe motorcycle boots in fine condition. They are classic buckle harness style and bear the "Santa Rosa Since 1906" label and faint size information: 7-1/2 D (see photo 5), although they run short. They are however, wide, and so I think they're more of a Men's 7 or even 6.5 and a Woman's 8. Whoever owned these boots cared for them properly; the leather is conditioned, they have very light wear on the toe and heel, and the sole is in great shape. I took these to my boot guys, who after oohing and aahing for a few minutes told me they were Men's 7-1/2 D and that the heel cap had been replaced.
Gorgeous rugged boot--an American original and soon to go the way of the Dodo Bird!
Sole, heel to toe: 10-3/8"
Sole, across ball of foot: 4"
Shaft, down back from top of the heel (not ground) to the top of the leather upper: 9/78"
Side seam, from the top of the heel (not ground) to the top of the leather strap: 11-1/4"
Heel: about 1-3/4"
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
See my other boots and timeless things to wear here:
And see all the items in my shop here:
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.
I do offer a 10% discount to any buyer who likes our Facebook page. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on our Facebook link. Convo me and let me know so that I can send you the coupon code.