This vintage bolo tie is made with a gorgeous natural Morenci turquoise stone, large and with pyrite inclusions in the gray chert that marbles the bright blue-green turquoise stone. The turquoise is set within an impressive silver setting that features a cap at the top and silver squash blossoms on the sides. The tips are matching squash blossoms. Interestingly, the slider (main part) has a curled tip at the top, which leads me to believe that either this was made from a pendant, or the artist made the bolo slider to function as a pendant if someone so desired. To do that, however, you'd have to remove the tips from the lariat to get the slider all the way off. As a bolo, that curled "bale" looks almost like a vine, carrying on the theme of blossoms and flora. The natural turquoise polished to a high buff that shows off the vibrant and luminescent essence of the stone. The Morenci mine is permanently closed and buried under tons of rock, and the land leeched with chemicals that have destroyed any trace of turquoise. The family of the last mine owner, William "Lucky" Brown, still owns a limited amount of raw stone, which does get released in small amounts. It is an understatement to say the turquoise is difficult to obtain. It would also be an understatement to say this bolo tie offers a large amount of Morenci. This piece is unmarked but is Navajo, and according to the estate from which it came, it was purchased in the late 1960s to early 1970s. The owner was a professor at the University of New Mexico and wore this and another bolo tie daily to work. The large heavy bolo slider has non-sterling Bennet clasp through which the black braided leather lariat slips. With all that matrix at the surface of the turquoise, you may see some fine cracks or fissures, none of which threaten the integrity of the stones.
The slider measures about 2-1/4” tall by just over 2” across and the dangling portion of tips are each about 1-3/4" long by about 5/8" wide. Total weight is about 62g. The leather lariat measures about 30" long not including the silver tips and dangles, so plan for closer to 37" all inclusive, which would result in a hang length of between 15-17" depending on the girth of the neck. That length would be ideal for someone who is on the shorter side, or at least has a shortish torso.
An heirloom treasure!
Note that due to lighting plus monitor settings for brightness, contrast and other factors, there may be differences in the colors and tones of photos versus that of the actual item. Please message with questions and I will respond as soon as possible.
Native Belts, Bolos, Brooches: http://bit.ly/2oz2XKp
Native American Earrings: http://bit.ly/2FyZ8wy
Native American Rings: http://bit.ly/2HQXwyY
Native Bracelets, Watches, Cufflinks: https://bit.ly/2NpeypL
Native Necklaces and Pendants: http://bit.ly/2ESs4Tf
All items: https://romaarellano.com
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you have any questions regarding data privacy, please contact the shop owner via the built-in messaging system. Thank you.
• We ship to many parts of the world. On any listing, enter your zip or postal code into the Shipping box to find out if your country is included and how much it will cost. If you find we do not ship to your country, contact us to find out if we might be able to.
• We ship within 1-3 days of order via USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS. and any order of $100 or more will be insured via third party insurance.
• Any package valued at $250 or more will require Signature upon delivery. Third Party insurer requires Signature in certain cases, so please do not ask that we ship without Signature as this creates a risk we are not willing to take.
• We accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within 14 days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense. We process refunds once the item is returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
We can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment up to two months for full payment.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
Please, no offers. We receive so much correspondence daily that we are unable to respond to offer requests.
We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the repeat customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Whether you are a returning customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, we can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.
We get correspondance almost daily asking how much certain items are worth or what the price was of items that have sold, and we can no longer respond to these messages.