This bangle bracelet is one of the most stunning pieces I've ever have the honor of selling. The piece is heavy and well-made--the kind of quality that one associates with "heirloom" jewelry. The bracelet was made by Navajo silversmith Ronald Tom for Sunwest Silver, a turquoise mine and jewelry-making company based in my hometown of Albuquerque. Sunwest Silver has for decades collaborated with award-winning Navajo and Zuni jewelry makers to produce top-of-the-line Native American jewelry. The bangle goes all the way around in a circle, and like most bangles is large enough to push over the hand yet not so large as to fall off but rather rests on the bones of the hand when the arm is down. In a stack, this bangle would be most comfortable--at least on my arm and several other women on whom I tested--sitting in place, with cuffs in front of, behind, or both. The design on the bangle is simple yet striking. Large and small crosses with equal sized arms--a design for which Tom is known--alternate in a pattern dotted with round bezels of smooth coral. There is something balanced and soothing about the design, and in fact, the equal-arm cross is sometimes called the balanced cross. You see this cross in Navajo rugs, also, and at least for me, the combination of the colors--oxidized silver that is dark in the background, contrasted with light silver of the raised crosses, punctuated with vibrant round red--reminds one of a Navajo rug. The bracelet is new old stock, meaning it was made for Sunwest Silver, then purchased by a shop that closed and never worn. It is in excellent condition.
The 120g bracelet measures 1-1/2" when you're looking down at it on your wrist. In terms of sizing for fit, there are two important measurements: a) the width of your hand when squeezed together as in Photo 4, and b) the circumference of your wrist. To fit over the hand, the bracelet measures about 2-1/2" across the opening, so when your hand is squeezed together, it should not be any larger than about 2-1/2" across. The hand is fleshy, so the skin will give as you push it through the bangle, but if your bones are larger than this width, you will not be able to get the bangle on. The interior circumference of the bracelet is 8", which may seem large for a small wrist. But in fact, the bangle fits just right for my Size 6 wrist, and my best guess is that it would be ideal for someone with a wrist no larger than about a 6-1/2, possibly a 6-3/4". A bigger wrist may start to feel suffocated given the width of the bangle. A Size 8 bangle is generally considered to be within the range of a Size Small bangle (8-1/4 is considered a Medium Size bangle). If you have questions about size, feel free to contact me and we can walk through the measurements.
Everything combined--the weight, the balanced design, and the unique form--creates a remarkable bracelet that will be cherished for decades to come.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
Native Bracelets, Watches, Cufflinks: https://bit.ly/2NpeypL
Native American Earrings: http://bit.ly/2FyZ8wy
Native American Rings: http://bit.ly/2HQXwyY
Native Necklaces and Pendants: http://bit.ly/2ESs4Tf
Native Belts, Bolos, Brooches: http://bit.ly/2oz2XKp
All items: https://romaarellano.com
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you have any questions regarding data privacy, please contact the shop owner via the built-in messaging system. Thank you.
• We ship to many parts of the world. On any listing, enter your zip or postal code into the Shipping box to find out if your country is included and how much it will cost. If you find we do not ship to your country, contact us to find out if we might be able to.
• We ship within 1-3 days of order via USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS. and any order of $100 or more will be insured via third party insurance In cases where third party insurer requires Signature, we will add it to the package.
• We accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within 14 days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense. We process refunds once the item is returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
We can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment up to two months for full payment.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
Please, no offers. We receive so much correspondence daily that we are unable to respond to offer requests.
We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the repeat customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Whether you are a returning customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, we can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.
We get correspondance almost daily asking how much certain items are worth or what the price was of items that have sold, and we can no longer respond to these messages.