This 1980s to 1990s statement necklace was made by David Tune, born in 1955 in Winslow, Arizona, and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. Tune is known for a distinctive cobblestone inlay, and this pendant is an example of his best work. It is one of the weightiest pieces I've seen of his, due to the fact that it is made in two parts. First, we have the pendant itself, modernist and sculptural--a triangle with an edge that harkens to old swords and contemporary designs of the era. That pendant hooks onto a sterling silver torque collar shaped like an elongated V, at the base of which is set a good-sized turquoise stone in handmade bezel. The crook of the V has a soldered jump ring or eye, to which the shepherd's hook of the pendant attaches. The cool thing is you could attach a different pendant, assuming you have one with a shepherd's hook. Or you could wear this pendant on a different chain, such as a set of Navajo pearls. Or you could wear the torque collar without any dangling pendant. Although, the most daring and bold combination is exactly this one, as it was made by the artist. We see one stamp along the collar--the starburst--repeated on the edge of the pendant. The shades of turquoise are complementary in both the large piece in the collar and the large piece in the pendant; they are both in a hue of sky-blue. And those other stones and shells in the pendant add variety in color and texture. We see lime green gaspeite, dark blue lapis, natural red coral, pink Mother of Pearl, and even some silver pieces. Tune has received top prizes for his artistry, including a Gold Division award at the Gallup Inter-tribal Indian Ceremonial and Grand Master Award at the Red Earth Festival in Oklahoma City. In addition to making jewelry, he is a hot-air balloonist and has said he gets inspiration from looking down at the earth while up in the sky. His heritage is Creek, Diné (Navajo Nation), and Hopi.
The pendant measures about 2-3/4" long including hook by about 1-3/8" wide and weighs 31g alone. The torque collar necklace is hard to get a measurement on but taking a tape measure along it end to end along the interior it is about 13" and along the exterior closer to 14-1/2". It is flexible in that you can gently open it to go around your neck. I have a slender neck and it fits me well, but I can also see it working on a slightly bigger neck. The collar alone weighs 75h, so total weight is a substantial 106g. Some scratches in the silver from age and wear but otherwise in great vintage condition. The back of the pendant carries the artist's hallmark and a STERLING stamp.
A one-of-a-kind necklace from a highly collectible Native American artist.
Please convo with questions, or call (505) 369-6865. Will return your call as soon as possible.
For More Native Necklaces, Pendants, and Pins: http://bit.ly/2ESs4Tf
Native American Earrings: http://bit.ly/2FyZ8wy
Native American Rings: http://bit.ly/2HQXwyY
Native Bracelets and Watches: https://bit.ly/2NpeypL
Native Belts and Bolos: http://bit.ly/2oz2XKp
All items: https://romaarellano.com
3-5 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Etsy or PayPal, depending on which you use, administers payments, and therefore protects your financial per their respective privacy policies. This shop does not have access to credit card or bank details.
Information Collected by this Shop
To fulfill your order, you provide information through Etsy, such as name, email address, postal address, payment information, and details of the product ordered. You may also choose to provide additional personal information regarding the order if you contact the shop directly.
This shop collects, uses, and shares your information for specific tasks such as:
• providing services to fulfill your order, to settle disputes should any occur, and provide customer support;
• when you have provided consent, which you may revoke at any time, by signing up for a mailing list or request detail of future product availability;
• to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about this shop's customers is necessary to our business. Personal information is used for specific and limited reasons and circumstances, as follows:
• If we sell or merge this business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you have any questions regarding data privacy, please contact the shop owner via the built-in messaging system. Thank you.
• We ship to many parts of the world. On any listing, enter your zip or postal code into the Shipping box to find out if your country is included and how much it will cost. If you find we do not ship to your country, contact us to find out if we might be able to.
• We ship within 1-3 days of order via USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS. and any order of $100 or more will be insured via third party insurance.
• Any package valued at $250 or more will require Signature upon delivery. Third Party insurer requires Signature in certain cases, so please do not ask that we ship without Signature as this creates a risk we are not willing to take.
• We accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within 14 days of delivery. Return shipping with insurance and tracking is at your expense. We process refunds once the item is returned in the same condition received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim.
• Returning an item is no fun; contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
We can work with you on a payment plan with immediate down payment up to two months for full payment.
Note that layaways past due over 30 days go into default. Once in default the transaction is cancelled and layaway payments are not returnable due to having removed items from the market and losing potential sales.
Convo to talk about a layaway plan that works for your budget.
Please, no offers. We receive so much correspondence daily that we are unable to respond to offer requests.
We have loyal customers who return again and again and use the repeat customer discount coupon for 10% off. We set fair prices from the get-go. If something is expensive, you know it's good.
We do run sales occasionally, so watch for those. And we value community. Whether you are a returning customer, Facebook friend, or Instagram follower--our thanks to you is 10% off for supporting this shop. Please go to the About section of the main shop page and click on the social media links. Follow us on one of those platforms, convo to say you've done so and we'll send you the coupon code for 10% off.
We do NOT do reserves or holds. Like any business, we use sales proceeds to keep the shop running. We truly can't afford to take items off the market. But even if you have some funds with which to make a down payment, we can do layaway with you. Just convo to say you'd like to do a layaway, and we'll work with you on that route instead of a Hold or Reserve.
We get correspondance almost daily asking how much certain items are worth or what the price was of items that have sold, and we can no longer respond to these messages.
Oct 2, 2022
Roma is an excellent seller. She is always helpful answering customer questions. Her quality items are described with interesting details & pictured accurately. Always super fast delivery with carefully secured packaging. So happy to have found her shop!